Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm in the War of my Life

It's 2010. It's a new year, a new decade. It's a time where people decide to quit habits, reinvent themselves, or start something new. In some ways, I want to accomplish all of it. I need to stop my habit of nail biting. It's something that I've done for as long as I can remember. And when I think about it, nail biting has always been my security blanket. It's what I do if I start feeling uncomfortable [may it be nervous, anxious, stressed]. But in order to stop nail biting, I believe that I need to channel that energy into another activity, which leads me to starting something new. I will start blogging more often. I've been told that blogging gives people an outlet like journaling, but since I don't like writing blogging seems like a fitting substitute. Another activity, I would like to start back up this year is running. I've always enjoyed running. It gives me the feeling of unstoppable and the only thing that is holding me back is myself. There is no one telling me "you're doing it wrong!" If I can accomplish all three of those, I have a feeling that I will be reinvented. I have a feeling that I won't be as stressed out because of the things going on around me. And if not as stressed, I will end up a happier person. Here's to 2010, may it be a good one: "I'm in the War of my Life"

No comments: